Not only is the right paint color important, there are a few other things to keep in mind in order to make this event problem free!
- Consider the Weather - It is very important to know what mother nature has planned as you want to pick a dry time of the year to paint your home. Ideally, there will be little to no rain and the humidity will be low so the paint can have time to stick and dry to the surface.
- Quality vs. Price - While it might seem like a good idea to choose the less expensive paint option, that isn't always the right thing to do. The type of exterior paint you choose determines how it will look, what type of coverage you get, and when the next time your house requires a new paint job. 10/10 recommend getting a better quality paint that will pay off in the long-run for sure!
- Primer - Before you start putting your perfect color on your home, always always always apply a good coat of primer. You might want to look into purchasing a combined paint and primer in one that way you don't need to worry about the extra hassle.
- Top to Bottom - We all know gravity will get the best of people sometimes but in order for it to not affect your paint job negatively, start at the top and work your way down. This will help limit the streaks in your paint and put you in a much better position to correct the mishaps as you go along!
- Ground Coverage - If you are choosing to take painting your home into your own hands, it is best to do it with little to no clean up. You might not have thought about this, but painting gets pretty messy, even outside. Before you start your process, move your outdoor furniture, grills, hoses, and be sure to cover up the ground and any surrounding bushes and plants.