The backyard space can be a make-it-or-break-it selling point of any house for a lot of home buyers.
In order to present your outdoor living space in a way that will wow all of your guests, it is important to keep it in tip-top shape.
- Sweep away any leaves, sticks, or debris from your patio to keep it in pristine condition; free of mildew stains and dirt patterns.
- Rearrange the furniture to create a welcoming vibe that promotes conversation between parties.
- Keep an eye out for any loose boards or protruding nails that might cause someone to trip or injure themselves. It is important to fix those split boards or loose screws as they are not only an eyesore, they're definitely going to get worse over time.
- Painted decks tend to peel and fade after the years. Instead of a quick coat of paint, consider staining your deck an earthy tone or simply using a protective sealant to give the natural wood a nice finish.
- Wash your stone patios on as "as needed" basis. Stone has a tendency to flake and break if washed too often or too harshly. If you notice your pavers are getting a little dirty and they look like they could use some TLC, try washing them with your household detergent periodically.